Mizoram State Wide Area Network (MSWAN) is a project aimed at designing and implementing the information highway for the Mizoram State E-Governance applications. As part of implementing e-Governance initiatives that would help provide a reliable communication corridor. It will be using the latest and state-of-the-art technology to improve the administrative efficiency. MSWAN is envisaged as the backbone network for data, video and voice communications throughout the state, for all Government Operations. MSWAN is required to be open standard based, scalable, high capacity network to carry data, voice and video traffic between the designated levels and offices of Government of Mizoram at State/District/Block or Sub-Division levels.
Objectives of the Project
- Enable Government to provide better services and improved quality of life to citizens.
- Responsive administration tuned to the needs of the people.
- A knowledge driven society.
- Intranet/Internet connectivity-interconnecting all the departments in the State level, District level, Sub-Divisional level and block level and Public Information Kiosks.
- Developments of a number of web enabled applications, electronic document processing, inter office communication and document interchange.
- Maintaining elaborate data banks of citizens, departmental schemes, programs, policies and procedures.
- Training and Capacity building to manage and sustain the program as also to create awareness and co-operation amongst all Stakeholders.
More Information about MSWAN: swan.mizoram.gov.in