Mizoram State e-Governance Society (MSEGS) was established in 2005 and is registered under the Society Registration Act, XXI of 1860. The primary objective of the Society is to administer the implementation of e-Governance projects for the overall benefit of the citizens and public by setting up the necessary administrative, financial, legal and technical framework, implementation mechanism and resources in the State of Mizoram.
It facilitated establishment and setting up of major e-Governance projects like the State Data Center (SDC), State Wide Area Network (SWAN) and Common Service Centre (CSC) and various other e-Government projects in the state.
(1) MSeGS has set-up IT Resource Centre in Aizawl for capacity building and empowerment of women and rural youths in the state under the financial assistance of Department of IT, Govt of India for an amount of Rs. 18.00 lakhs. Under this project, we have trained 200 candidates in office automation. This project aims to enable women and rural youths of Mizoram to become economically viable, independent and raise their socio-economic status through the use of IT. Through this programme candidates were given training on short term courses on various IT related aspects. This project was completed successfully and over by September, 2009.
(2) MSeGS has taken up the project known as K-YAN for creation of educational technologies infrastructure in 50 Govt middle schools. The total cost of the project is 75.00 lakhs and is funded by Govt of India, Department of IT. This projects aims to enhance the educational technology capacity of 50 identified Co-educational Middle Schools of Mizoram as a pilot intervene, with special emphasis on educational of Girl child, by way of deploying an integrated teaching-learning device named KYAN- the community computer. The main objective of the project is to eradicate gender disparity, faster learning opportunities, enhance retention and minimize drop-outs through technology-enabled education.
(3) Computerization of Land Records: MSeGS has successfully computerized Land Record Information System known as "ZORAM" under the fiancial assistance of Govt of India, Department of IT for an amount of Rs. 140.00 lacs. This project was implemented as a pilot project in Serchhip District and was completed in 2007 with the objective of providing responsive, transparent and effective revenue administration in the district. The state roll-out for implementation in other districts is in progress.
(4) Computerization of Property Registration: MSeGS has also successfully computerized Property Registration in Aizawl under the fiancial assistance of Govt of India, Department of IT for an amount of Rs. 140.00 lacs. This project was implemented as a pilot project in Aizawl District and was completed in 2007. The objective of the project is to register documents that endorse various types of transactions citizens undertake such as sales, purchases, mortgages, leases of property, wills, divorce, adoption, power of attorney, property, issue of encumbrance certificates etc. are computerized to remove land disputes, better system of land evaluation, transparency in land transactions, better monitoring of revenue collection. The state roll-out for implementation in other districts is in progress.
MSeGS has been involved and implemented a lot of projects in the state of Mizoram. At present there are 6 projects which are taken up by the society in collaboration with the Government of Mizoram
(1) Capacity Building Project:
MSeGS has taken up Capacity Building Programme of the Government of Mizoram under National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) with the approved project cost of Rs. 428.60 lakhs; out of which Grant-in-Aid from DIT, GoI is Rs 208.20 lakhs and ACA is Rs 220.40 lakhs. The primary objective of this project is to build the capacity of the Government employees including political leaders, decision makers, State e-Governance Mission Team, Project e-Governance Mission Team and empowering them while implementing State Mission Mode Projects (MMPs).
Under this project, MSeGS has taken up various activities as follows:
(a) Five (5) DPRs for State Mission Mode Projects (SMMPs) have been prepared under the capacity-building fund such as Planning, Finance, Revenue, F&CS, and Taxation.
(b) Two (2) SeMT support staff has been engaged from M/s Wipro Infotech through open advertisement.
(c) Twenty One (21) Govt. Junior Officers have undergone for one week PeMT training programme at NISG, Hyderabad.
(d) Twenty (20) Govt Middle Officers have also undergone for one week e-Governance Training Programme at IIPA, New Delhi
(e) Four (4) Govt. Officers have been deputed for One Year Post Graduate Diploma in e-Governance programme for Executive course at TAPMI, Manipal
(f) MSeGS have conducted One Month e-Governance & Office Automation Training Programme at Aizawl for Government's employees under which 100 employees have been trained so far.
(g) Two (2) Officials from DoICT have undergone for one week Management Development Training Programme on Project Management at IIM, Kolkata.
(2) State Data Center (SDC) Project:
MSeGS has taken up State Data Center (SDC) project under NeGP for storing all kinds of information relating to Government and Citizens. The approved project cost is Rs. 30.88 Crore; Out of which Grant-in-Aid from DIT, GoI is Rs 11.75 Crore and ACA is Rs 19.13 Crore. The project is in initial stage for MSeGS has recently submitted Request For Proposal (RFP) to DIT, GoI and Law Department for approval. The Site has been identified for SDC at 2nd Floor of Secretariat Building Annexe-I and the approval has been obtained from SAD, Govt of Mizoram. Meanwhile, ICT's Engineer have undergone for SDC Security Training at CERTI, New Delhi.
(3) Common Service Center (CSC) Project:
MSeGS is establishing 136 Common Service Center (CSC) for delivery point between Government and Citizen for which the Department of IT, Govt of India had allocated Rs. 2.16 Crore for CSC implementation; Out of which Grant-in-Aid from DIT, GoI is Rs 1.08 Crore and ACA is Rs 1.08 Crore. The objective of this project is to interface between Government-to-Citizen, Business-to-Citizen, and Citizen-to-Citizen. MSeGS has selected M/s Zoom Developer, Noida as Service Center Agency (SCA) and tripartite agreement has been signed on 29.4.2009 between Government of Mizoram, Department of ICT, M/s MSeGS and M/s Zoom Developers, Noida.
(4) E-District Project:
MSeGS has taken up E-District as Pilot Project in Aizawl under state MMPs to computerize all the possible District administration and citizen services which will be access through CSCs. The approved project cost is amounting to Rs. 315.88 Lakhs and the project duration is 18 months. The DIT, GoI released Rs. 117.86 lakhs under GIA during FY 2008-2009 for implementation of the project. In order to implement the project, MSeGS has completed preparing As-is Report, To-be Report and Change Management and Legal Change Report. Further, RFP have been floated and selection of vendor has been finalized with M/s Teledata Informatics Limited, Chennai.
(5) Digital Land Resource Information System (DLRIS) Project:
MSeGS in collaboration with C-DAC, Kolkata is executing GIS based DLRIS under the financial assistance of Deptt of IT, Government of India with the total estimated cost of Rs. 220.00 lakhs. The objective of the project is to generate and create comprehensive resource information relating to transport network, power distribution line, school education, drainage & water distribution pipeline, Agriculture information, Village information and town planning, etc. integrated with Geographical Maps obtained from Satellite imagery.
(6) Inventory Management System Project:
Inventory Management System (IMS) is a project initiated by Mizoram State e-Governance Society for Secretariat Administrative Department (SAD), Government of Mizoram. Under this project, it has been envisaged to provide better inventory system and enable the approval of certain indent items to the concern department's officer through appropriate automated system
(7) Property Return Online System:
Property Return Online System (PROS) is a project initiated by Mizoram State e-Governance Society for the Vigilance Department under The Government of Mizoram. This system will be designed to maximize the efficiency in keeping record of property of all the gazette officers by providing tools to assist in automating the process, which would otherwise have to be performed manually. By maximizing the work efficiency and production the system will meet the department's needs while remaining easy to understand and use.